Born in Columbus, Mississippi, Todd Murrah is a shareholder at Glassman, Wyatt, Tuttle & Cox, P.C. and commonly serves as lead counsel for many of the firm’s construction, architectural, and engineering clients. Having earned a Bachelor of Science in Petroleum Engineering, Todd has the background and skills to handle cases of a technical nature. In addition to his focus on construction and engineering cases, Todd also practices in the areas of general commercial and business litigation, insurance and surety law, products liability, professional liability defense, patent, trademark and copyright litigation, premises liability and security litigation. He is also part of the firm’s transportation litigation team, representing trucking companies in litigation throughout Tennessee, Mississippi, and Arkansas. Todd is licensed in several states and is a Patent Attorney, licensed with the United States Patent and Trademark Office. Todd’s Notable Cases and accomplishments in his career to date include:
- Derek Eugene Stephens, Individually and on Behalf of the Wrongful Death Beneficiaries of the Deceased Joe Neil Stephens, et al v. Transport Corporation of America, Inc., United States District Court for the Northern District of Mississippi, Cause No. 2:99CV69, obtained a jury verdict for a trucking company in wrongful death action.
- Ralph McKnight & Son Const., Inc. v. C&I Entertainment, LLC, Circuit Court of Attala County, Mississippi, Cause No. 03-095-C-V-L, obtained a jury verdict in a construction case denying Plaintiff’s claim and awarding Defendant’s counter-claim for damages.
- Instabook Corporation v. InstantPublisher.com, United States District Court for the Middle District of Florida, Cause No. 6:06-cv-644, obtained an Order of Dismissal via summary judgment for Defendant internet printing company in patent infringement case.
- Robert and Patricia Smith v. The Trane Company, Circuit Court of McNairy County, Tennessee, Cause No. 4873, obtained a jury verdict for The Trane Company relative to a geothermal HVAC installation.
- Jason Ferguson a/k/a Jay Ferguson v. Chuck Hutton Chevrolet Company et al, United States District Court for the Northern District of Mississippi, Cause No. 3:01-cv-022, obtained a directed verdict in a jury trial on behalf of Defendant.
- Rita M. Higginbotham, Individually and as Mother and Personal Representative of Heather Higginbotham, Deceased v. Hill Brothers Construction Company, et al, Circuit Court of Tunica County, Mississippi, Cause No. 2002-0204, obtained an Order of Dismissal via summary judgment for Defendant Hill Brothers Construction Company.
- Diversified Capital Corporation of Tennessee v. John Guest, USA, et al, Chancery Court of Shelby County, Tennessee, for the Thirtieth Judicial District at Memphis, Cause No. CH-03-1896-2, obtained Order of Dismissal via summary judgment for London-based manufacturer in products liability case.
- Litigation involving numerous multi-million dollar construction disputes, including large hospital facilities, airports, interstate, light rail, geothermal, municipal power, educational facility, large warehouse, commercial roofing, and general construction projects.
- Products liability litigation related to industrial lifts, guardrails and component end terminals, industrial wiring, industrial air handling units, industrial petrochemical valve systems, mobile man lifts, pharmaceuticals, and industrial coatings, to name a few.
- Intellectual property litigation (patents, trademarks, and copyrights) including cases involving movie royalties, movie distribution, internet publication patents, and agricultural chemical patents.
- Prosecution of hundreds of patents and trademarks before the United States Patent and Trademark Office.
- Construction Litigation
- Transportation Litigation
- Products Liability
- Commercial and Business Litigation
- Insurance and Surety litigation
- Premises Liability Defense
- Premises Security Litigation
- Patent, Trademark and Copyright Prosecution
- Intellectual Property Litigation
- Insurance Defense
- Professional liability (Engineers, Architects, Real Estate brokers and agents)
- Personal Injury Litigation
- Termicide/Pesticide litigation
- Fire Loss Investigation and Litigation
- Mississippi State University (B.S. Petroleum Engineering, 1986)
- University of Mississippi Law School (J.D. 1989)
- Tennessee Supreme Court
- Alabama Supreme Court
- Mississippi Supreme Court
- Arkansas Supreme Court
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Sixth Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Fifth Circuit
- U.S. District Court, Western, Middle and Eastern Districts of Tennessee
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Alabama
- U.S. District Court, Northern and Southern Districts of Mississippi
- U.S. District Court, Western and Eastern District of Arkansas
- Associated General Contractors of America
- Tennessee Bar Association
- Arkansas Bar Association
- Alabama Bar Association
- Mississippi Bar Association
- AV Rated by Martindale Hubbell
Todd is married to Marie Murrah and has two daughters, Mary Ashley and Natalie.