Regardless of the type of business in which you are involved, employers doing business in Tennessee face the risk of workers’ compensation claims. Did the employee’s alleged injury really arise out of and occur in the course and scope of his or her employment? Did he or she provide proper notice as required by Tennessee Workers Compensation Laws? Was the accident caused by willful misconduct or intoxication? The Glassman, Wyatt, Tuttle & Cox, P.C. Workers’ compensation attorneys stand ready to assist you with workers compensation claims.
Our Memphis workers compensation defense attorneys have been representing employers in workers’ compensation claims for decades, and our knowledge and experience in handling these claims have served our clients well.
Tennessee Workers Compensation Law
Tennessee workers compensation law requires employers to file numerous forms with the State of Tennessee, provide panels of physicians to injured employees, and use case management in appropriate cases. Questions concerning application of the Tennessee Workers’ Compensation Laws to specific factual scenarios lead clients of Glassman, Wyatt, Tuttle & Cox, P.C. to contact our attorneys early in the claims process, oftentimes on the date of injury, in order to make decisions that can have long-term and significant consequences for the employer and employee alike. This proactive approach to handling workers’ compensation claims is a proven method for helping workers receive appropriate medical care, get back to work, and return to being productive employees, while ensuring that the interests of employers are properly protected throughout the workers’ compensation claims process.
Our attorneys have represented some of the largest companies in the nation in workers’ compensation matters and will bring that experience to bear in representing your company.
Help with Tennessee Workers Compensation Claims
Our team of attorneys stand ready to help with workers’ compensation claims from start to finish, including:
- Pre-litigation advice, support, and counseling for employers, carriers, and third party administrators on claim administration, various compensability issues, medical treatment issues, and providing panel physicians.
- Advice concerning general workers’ compensation issues, including applicable defenses, causation issues, and return to work issues.
- Assistance for employers, carriers, and third party administrators with pre-litigation Requests for Assistance, Petitions for Benefit Determination, and filings with the Tennessee Department of Labor and Workforce Development, Division of Workers’ Compensation (TDOL).
- Trials in the Court of Workers’ Compensation Claims and the Chancery and Circuit Courts in West Tennessee (including Memphis, Jackson, Dyersburg, Brownsville, Trenton, Lexington, and more), Middle Tennessee (including Nashville) and East Tennessee, including all eight regional offices of the TDOL.
- Representation in the Workers’ Compensation Mediation Program and Benefit Review Conferences before the TDOL.
- Appellate practice before the Tennessee Supreme Court, the Special Workers’ Compensation Appeals Panel, and the Board of Workers’ Compensation Appeals.
- Coordination of Family and Medical Leave (FMLA) with workers’ compensation absences.
- Assistance with reasonable accommodation obligations pursuant to the Americans With Disabilities Act (ADA) and returning employees to work.
- Counseling employers to avoid successful pursuit of retaliatory discharge action when employees are not returned to work following an occupational injury or illness.
- Claim evaluation, valuation, and mitigation.
- Preparation of petitions, final judgments, orders, and settlement documents required by the Tennessee Department of Labor for settlement approvals before state courts and the TDOL.
- Counseling employers, carriers, and third party administrators regarding compliance with the Tennessee Workers’ Compensation Laws and the administrative regulations of the TDOL, including claims handling standards, case management thresholds, Panels of Physicians, administration of medical treatment, utilization review, and all aspects of claim handling and administration.
- Counseling employers, carriers, and third party administrators in the nuances of the Tennessee Drug Free Workplace Act.
- Preparing certified drug free workplace programs for compliance with the Tennessee Drug Free Workplace Act.
- Assisting employers, carriers, and third party administrators with fraud detection, prevention, and prosecution in conjunction with the Tennessee Bureau of Investigation and other administrative agencies of the State of Tennessee.
Contact Tennessee Workers’ Compensation Claims Lawyers
Contact us about the defense of a workers’ compensation claim today: