Memphis, Tennessee based Lewis Lyons, an attorney with Glassman, Wyatt, Tuttle & Cox, PC, will speak on December 18, 2015 on personal injury damages in Tennessee. The seminar will cover a number of topics on damages in Tennessee. Goals for the program are that attorneys, paralegals and claims representatives will gain an understanding for the following:
- Identify the key elements that shape the value of a personal injury case.
- Distinguish current injury from pre-existing and recurring conditions.
- Find out where to look for the most reliable medical information to support your injury
- Effectively use vocational expert reports and labor statistics to assess loss of earning
- Understand what special remedies exist for wrongful death cases.
Define reasonable and necessary medical treatment to limit medical expense recovery to
services directly related to the injury.
- Get practical tips for direct negotiations with a claims representative.
- Fulfill your ethics credit and get actionable tactics for preventing legal malpractice.
Lewis Lyons will be addressing a number of specific topics at the Seminar, including Sources of Recovery and Liens and specifically the Collateral Source Rule, Insurance Coverage, Subrogation Gap after Swanson v. Brewster, and Claims Against Recovery. Lewis will also look at Medicare Set-Asides, Workers’ Compensation Liens, Medical Provider Liens and Health Insurance Liens.
For more information on the presentation, please contact attorney Lewis Lyons at (901) 527-4673.
Lewis Lyons is an attorney with the law firm of Glassman, Wyatt, Tuttle & Cox, P.C. where he focuses his practice in areas of civil litigation, personal injury, premise liability, legal malpractice, and transportation. Mr. Lyons earned his B.A. degree at the Rhodes College and his J.D. degree, cum laude, from the University of Memphis Law School. He is a member of the Memphis Bar, the American Bar, and the Transportation Law Association.