Lori J. Keen was born in Paducah, Kentucky and raised on beautiful Kentucky Lake in Western Kentucky. Lori, who is licensed in Tennessee, Arkansas and Kentucky, has 24 years of jury trial and bench trial experience and has tried cases on a number of topics. Ms. Keen also has significant arbitration experience. She has routinely helped transportation clients in a number of trucking litigation disputes across Tennessee and Arkansas, and she is also heavily experienced in both serious premises liability litigation (including on behalf of large hotels and international fast food chains) and nursing home litigation. Lori Keen is a Kentucky nursing home attorney. As noted below, Lori has been recognized by Martindale Hubble as achieving an A.V. ranking, which is the highest award a lawyer can obtain based on surveys and peer reviews submitted by attorneys and judges. Some of Lori’s achievements throughout her career include:
- Lori obtained a Defense Jury Verdict in a Tennessee toxic mold case involving a plaintiff who claimed total inability to work, large medical bills and pain and suffering. The jury determined the Plaintiff’s problems were all pre-existing and awarded no damages.
- In a Memphis premises liability case, Lori tried and obtained a Defense Jury Verdict in a Memphis wrongful death case involving an assault in a downtown Memphis business. The jury determined that Lori’s client took the appropriate measures in its actions to protect the plaintiff from any criminal threat.
- In another Tennessee premises liability case, Lori assisted in obtaining a Defense Jury Verdict involving an assault by a fast food employee upon a drive thru customer.
- As a transportation litigation attorney, Lori obtained a Defense Jury Verdict involving a Tennessee trucking case. The jury determined that the plaintiff was at fault for causing his neck and back surgery and denied any award to the plaintiff.
- In a case of absolute liability against her client in Arkansas state court, Lori’s efforts resulted in the jury awarding only half of an offer extended for settlement purposes at the pre-trial conference, which was rejected by a plaintiff.
- Lori obtained Summary Judgment in Kentucky state court in favor of a multi-national fast food chain. The case involving a fast food manager requiring an employee to undress to search of a stolen purse based on a bogus call from a third party claiming to be a Mayfield, Kentucky police officer.
- Lori obtained Summary Judgment in a Nashville, Tennessee premises liability action involving a large Nashville hotel. The plaintiff alleged injury resulting from a large platform collapsing. Lori proved as a matter of law that the hotel did not have actual or constructive notice of any defect or hazard.
- Lori obtained a Defense Jury Verdict in favor of a large multi-national fast food restaurant claiming assault by a third party inside the store. The plaintiff was struck by a baseball bat in front of the counter by a drunk patron.
- Lori obtained a Defense Jury Verdict in favor of a large multi-national fast food restaurant following her client’s security guard shooting unruly teenagers in a parking lot. The jury found the teenagers were fully responsible for their own injuries.
- Lori has obtained over forty non-jury defense verdicts on various matters in state courts across Tennessee.
- Nursing Home Abuse and Neglect
- Transportation Litigation
- Premises Liability
- Federal Employees Liability Act (FELA)
- Toxic Torts including Tennessee Mold Exposure
- Health Care Liability
- General Civil Litigation
- Murray State University (B.A. History, 1985) (including time spent in Austria and the former Yugoslavia)
- University of Memphis School of Law (J.D., 1991)
- Tennessee Supreme Court (1991)
- Kentucky Supreme Court (2004)
- Arkansas Supreme Court (2006)
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Tennessee (1991)
- U.S. District Court, Middle District of Tennessee (2001)
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Kentucky (2006)
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Arkansas (2014)
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Arkansas (2014)
- Kentucky Bar Association
Honors and Professional Achievements:
- A.V. Rated, Martindale-Hubbell
- Moot Court Board, University of Memphis School of Law (1991)
- Winner, Moot Court Advanced Competition Team for University of Memphis School of Law (1991)
- Wagner Labor Law Moot Court Team, University of Memphis School of Law (1991)
- AmJur Award for Appellate Advocacy, University of Memphis School of Law (1991)